After working all day, the last thing you want to do is stop at the grocery store. There are the grocery store lines of other people who didn’t want to stop at the store on their way home from work either. But if you want to eat and have home supplies, that’s the way it is. Or is it?
You now have another option which is Amazon Prime and Grocery and Amazon Prime Now. Prime Pantry is an online grocery store through Amazon, and Amazon Prime Now is another Amazon division to order from. You can shop for household products as well as groceries which are in packages of everyday sizes. For example, you can buy a regular package of toilet paper instead of a case, so you don’t have to order bulk everything. With the addition of Prime Pantry, it permits Amazon to expand what it offers with thousands of items to members of Prime with the benefits of Prime.
It’s easy to go through the website and make your selections too. Be sure your zip code is correct to avoid misrouted orders. When you have completed your order, and want to check out, you just click the Checkout button. If you’ve made your selections but want to wait to send for them later also, you can save all your items by selecting “Save all Pantry items for later.”
The items you order from Prime Pantry are all shipped together but could arrive at your home separately from anything you’ve ordered from Amazon Prime which isn’t grocery items. Orders from Prime Pantry are shipped to you within 1-4 business days. This means you can order on Monday or Tuesday and have everything shipped to you before the weekend. So instead of spending the weekend at the grocery store, you can be eating the food you’ve already ordered earlier in the week and be relaxing.
So, what other benefits are there to ordering groceries online?
- You don’t have to leave your home: Not just that, but you can order your groceries even if you’re sitting in a coffee shop. The Amazon Prime Now has an app for you to shop online too. This means you can order from anywhere that you are. You don’t have to step foot into a grocery shop.
- Large selections: There’s a large selection of assorted foods so that you can usually find what you’re looking for. You can also order other needed items as well such as items for the kitchen, for example.
- The app will save all your previous information: It will show you what you’ve frequently purchased, like that special bag of cookies that you love. It’s a great reminder in case you’ve overlooked the item the next time.
- Free delivery: Just think of the gas you’ll save on, and you won’t have to go to the grocery store, unload everything from your trunk and lug things up all the steps a few bags at a time. You do have a minimum amount that you need to spend order to qualify for free delivery, but that’s not hard to do when doing regular shopping.
- If you purchase an Amazon Prime membership, it’s included: That’s right, it’s an added perk to the Amazon Prime membership at no extra cost. Then you’ll have a large movie selection to enjoy at home for free; or at low prices online, when you are eating the popcorn that you ordered.
What are some of the downsides?
There are a few downsides to the Amazon Prime Pantry and Amazon Prime Now that some are listed below:
- You always must spend a minimum: This isn’t a problem if you’re placing a regular shopping order of things you need for the week. But you’ll need to order more items if you don’t meet your needed total. So you don’t have an option to just pay a delivery fee if you don’t meet the minimum either.
- There aren’t a lot of specialty items: It’s difficult to find items like low-calorie foods or gluten-free, but it’s great for staples.
- You can’t mix and match with different stores: Each store has a separate minimum which means you can’t order something from one store and then order from another one to make your minimum. So, you would need to stay with one store for your sections to make the minimum. Unless, of course, you have a large list which can be spread out through the different stores.
By ordering online through Amazon Prime Pantry and Amazon Prime Now, you can have your groceries waiting for you on your doorstep.